Dang – where does time go?….
All that worryin’ and lamentin’ that was going on in the last post – all better now. Transitioned out and back in with little to no difficulty. Outside of missing coworkers, trying to balance things and working 8-5 every day in an office (PS – I get home less tired and exhausted than when I was 3/4 …and don’t have to do any work from home ~ beyond strange to me!) I miss several of my coworkers beyond bunches. But, I know I made the right decision. I didn’t know how much worrying about work was consuming my life.
What else has been going on?…
- My NC State Wolfpack are having a great season. We’re in line for a bowl game already and next week determines if we have another shot at VT in Charlotte. K-dawg and I’ve decided to do these trips vs. presents for Christmas this year (if it all goes according to plan). What I’m realistically hoping for? Win Division ACC title, play in Charlotte. That opens it up for (a) Bowl Party here for the game in Miami OR (b) spend New Years Eve in the ATL at the Peach Bowl….decisions!
- Friends are having a baby GIRL!
- My nephew is a ridiculous 2 months old. He’s growing up and changing so much!
- Friday night we went to the Duke v. Colgate game in Cameron. Oh my goodness. Don’t care if you like Duke or not, but they have developed a basketball machine. Their sports museum is insane; their fans are crazy; and Cameron isn’t much larger than the high school gym back home.
- Thursday night, went with K-dawg’s cousin to the UNC Children’s Promise Concert at DPAC. As I rolled up in there with my suit on from the office, made me realize how much I’ve changed in the last 10 years. Insane. But, Jason Michael Carrol, James Otto, Clay Walker and Rodney Atkins put on a very good show. Also realized that since I listen to KLOVE 95% of the time, I’m out of touch with *modern* music.
- Yesterday was a whirlwind….woke up early, went to Western Wake Farmer’s Market, Fresh Market, Ace Hardware …then back here and worked in leaves for a little bit before heading to some college friend’s for a game watching/housewarming party. It was so good to see them and meet new folks! We squeeked past Carolina (trying very hard not to get cocky or gloat) and had enough time to make it to the early church service! We packed almost as much as realistically possible into the day, and it was great!
So, things are going well in my little corner of the world. I’m content for the first time in way too long.
Hope y’all are doing well and happy week of THANKSGIVING!